Management Systems in the Food Industry
Primary responsibility for food safety rests with the food business operator - Regulation (EC) 852/2004 Chapter 1, Article 1 (1) a).
It is the obligation of every food business operator to ensure that the products they place on the market are safe. A functional management system supports the production processes and thus guarantees food safety.
As a result of increasing consumer expectations regarding quality and growing standards on the part of distributors and the food industry itself, certification programmes have been established to ensure maximum food safety and the greatest possible consumer trust. In its capacity as an expert advice centre, ifp offers consultation on the following management concepts:
- Hygiene management system
- HACCP concept
- IFS Food Version 6
- BRC Global Standards Version 6
- ISO 9000
- ISO 22000
- FSSC 22000
We offer support and advice in setting up, establishing and revising management systems.
Inspections and consultation regarding various management systems
- Supporting and implementing in-house system audits
- Preparing and checking documents (instructions, checklists, info sheets)
- Preparing and checking self-monitoring systems and HACCP concepts
- Preparing and implementing management concepts for certifications
- Preparing, supporting and evaluating certification audits
- Consultation and implementation of risk assessments