Drinking water Analytics
ifp offers its expertise at all of the relevant stages:
- Definition of representative sampling points subject to the size of the building and the condition of the drinking water facility
- Accredited sampling by trained personnel
- Analysis of samples in an accredited lab approved by the State Office of Health and Social Affairs Berlin for the analysis of drinking water (included in the Berlin state list)
We examine the following microbiological parameters:
- Total count 22 °C / 36 °C
- Escherichia coli (E. coli)
- Coliform bacteria
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Clostridium perfringens
If the result is conspicuous, our expertise will help you to take any necessary action fast and professionally.
Along with general physical parameters such as pH-value or conductivity, physicochemical parameters comprise the entire spectrum of anions and cations. These can be used to derive the water hardness or its degree of soiling, for instance. In chlorinated drinking water systems testing for chlorine compounds (halogenated chlorine compounds) is decisive. Lead water pipes are still used in old buildings, which is why testing for lead and heavy metals is important in domestic installations.
The following table presents a selection of the physicochemical parameters of drinking water analysis. The methods of detection include ion chromatography and atomic absorption spectrometry as well as special measuring instruments that are applied according to international procedures.
- Sensory (appearance, odour) DEV B1/2
- Total hardness (calculated from Mg + Ca)
- Vinyl chloride